Due to its optical, mechanical and thermal properties, quartz glass is one of the most valuable materials for the manufacturing of high-tech products for industry and research.
Most of the applications it is used for focus on the aspects of cleanliness, heat and light. Examples include the production of semiconductors, microchips and solar cells as well as laser technology and the purification of water with UV lamps.
- Extremely clean
- Low thermal expansion coefficients
- High temperature resistance
- Low thermal expansion at a high level of thermal shock resistance
- Transparent in the ultraviolet, visible and infrared wavelength regions
- Low thermal conductivity
- Very low electrical conductivity
- High transformation temperature and softening temperature